To provide assistance and relief to purebred Pembroke Welsh Corgis from Oregon and the Vancouver, WA, metropolitan area that are in need of new homes.
- CRPWCC will work with purebred Pembrokes, regardless of their quality.
- The main area of operation is Oregon and the Vancouver, WA, metropolitan area.
- Puppies are not purchased from puppy mills or pet stores in order to "save them".
- Reasonable veterinary bills for neuter, dental, vaccinations and other medical issues are expected and paid in order to place a Pembroke in a new environment.
- It is expected that euthanasia will occasionally be the right answer.
- Every adopter will complete and application, adoption form and release.
- Every Pembroke will be placed on a trial basis.
- When CRPWCC refers a potential adopter to a person who wants to place their Pembroke, without the dog entering the rescue program, CRPWCC is not responsible, nor liable, for any result.
- Pembrokes with behavioral issues involving people cannot be placed in a new home without documented approval of the entire rescue committee and first communicating this action with the Board. A disclaimer must be signed by the adopter acknowledging their awareness of the situation.
- Rescue committee members will at all times adhere to the accepted mission statement, principles, policies and procedures.
Corgi Rescue Mission Statement